Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Leanne to Montreaux

Unfortunately our time in Wengen has ended and it was time to go our separate ways - temporarily. Mary, Margaret, Carol and Larry were on their way to Cinque Terre before the sun came up. Said arrividerci to Sarah, Ken, Susan and Doug around 8am as they headed off to Lake Como. After one last look at our beautiful view I was off to the train station as well. A very relaxing trip on the the Golden Pass Panoramic route from Interlaken to Montreux. The views were great but after travelling around the Berner Oberland for a week it was much of the same. The best part was the first sight of Lac Leman as we came into Montreux. A quick 5 min walk to the Montreux Palace Fairmont hotel. To my delight they had upgraded me to a lake view. My room was gorgeous and had a nespresso machine. I immediately made myself an expresso and unpacked. Then checked out the hotel and went out for a walk along the boardwalk. I couldn't believe the number of runners especially as it was still really warm out, but it was a beautiful place to run so I decided to go out in the morning when it was cooler. It was almost 8pm when I got back to the hotel, so ordered room service and watched a few British comedys before diving into my comfy bed. Bon Nuit


No comments:

Post a Comment