Thursday, September 15, 2011

Leanne in Montreux - Chocolate Train

The Chocolate Train was made up of a panorama car and a couple of classic cars. I was very happy to be in one of the classic cars, they were quite spectacular. Reminded me of the Orient Express but not quite as fancy.

With a chocolate croissant and hot chocolate on the way we made our first stop at Gruyeres and a tour of a cheese factory. Then we were bussed to the town of Gruyeres to tour the castle and have lunch.  Of course I had to have cheese and found a place where I could get a single serving cheese fondue - Yum!


Then back on the bus to Broc and a tour of the Callier chocolate factory. This was the highlight of the day. A humourous history lesson on the introduction of chocolate to Europe and the Callier/Nestle brand. Next the tasting room with many different variety's to try. I had them all of course, then found out I couldn't leave the room before finishing. Needless to say I had melted chocolate all over my hands and a very nice French lady gave me a handi wipe - I like to think I gave them a good laugh. It was a quiet 2 hour train ride back and I headed to the gym in hopes of working off some of the cheese and chocolate consumed. It was all worth it!

1 comment: